EXPLORE . EXPERIENCE . ENJOY – MASINAGUDI FOREST LIFE
- WILDLIFE IN MASINAGUDI AND MUDHUMALAI
- Elephant, Gaur (Bison), Wild Boar and Sloth Bear
- Sambar, Chital (Spotted Deer), Black Buck, Mouse Deer (Chevrotain),
- Four Horned Antelope and Barking Deer (Muntjac)
- Tiger, Leopard, Jungle Cat and Small Indian Civet Cat
- Giant (Malabar) and other Squirrels
- Common Langur and Bonnet Macaque
- Peacock, Jungle Fowl, Partridge, Quail, Malabar Tragon, Malabar Grey Hornbill,
- Wodpeckers, Crested Hawk and Crested Serpent Eagles and several varieties of birds
- Monitor Lizard and various types of Snakes Porcupine, Mongoose and Hare
- Hyena, Jackal and Dhole (Wild Dog)
Longitude: North 11° 33′ Latitude: East 76° 38′
Elevation: 940M above MSL (3079FT)
Temperature: The climate is equable with a maximum temperature of about 33°C (91°F) and a minimum of about 10°C (50°F) conducive for a holiday at any time of the year.
Rainfall: The area receives two monsoons: the south-west from about mid June to end September and the north-east in October and November. The average rainfall varies from 625 to 1250mm annually.